Agricultural equipment financing and leasing is a multi-billion-dollar industry and our farm equipment financing and leasing team is committed to helping your agricultural business maintain its competitive edge with always-changing technology by offering a suite of agriculture equipment financing and leasing solutions customized to your specific needs. Farm Lender Corp. will work with you to find a custom solution as we are committed to helping your operation maintain its competitive edge; staying competitive means staying PRODUCTIVE! Equipment financing is defined as the underwriting of business loans secured by pieces of equipment vs real estate.
Farm Lender Corp. understands the agriculture industry is a challenging business, especially in these times and farms just like yours are exactly what the Canadian economy needs to keep moving forward; we can usually find a solution even for the smaller farms. Making good business decisions separates successful farmers from the rest!
FLC offers fast approval times with a high approval ratio and a wide range of equipment financing and leasing options such as capital leases, conditional sales contracts, lease lines of credit, loans, operating leases, sale-and-leasebacks, skip payment leases, step up or step down leasing options, leases, stretch leases, and third-party agreements/assignments. We have proven industry knowledge and we understand that Canadian agriculture is a rewarding yet difficult business!
DID YOU KNOW that many agri-businesses lease their agricultural equipment because of the positive benefits; leasing can be a very viable option for those of you who are having difficulty obtaining financing!
A lease is a legal contract between a LESSEE and a LESSOR and outlines payments to be made in exchange for the use of an asset and is also very specific re-detailing the responsibilities of both parties and all necessary information required to ensure that both parties are protected.
- ACCOUNTING [fixed lease payments make forecasting easier]
- CASH FLOW IMPROVEMENT
- FLEXIBILITY [Farm Lender Corp. will structure your payments to align with your revenue]
- MODERNIZING CAPITAL ASSETS [equipment leasing can get you state-of-the-art equipment that if purchased will become out-of-date, making it impossible to recover your investment]
- TAX [in some cases, it may be more advantageous to lease farm equipment because it helps your tax position and could create a faster write-off] *FLC always advises our customers to speak with their accountant regarding the tax implications of leasing.
EQUIPMENT LEASING is for those who are unable to pay cash OR obtain traditional financing [FALSE]
• Farmers understand the fundamental principle behind "LEASE what depreciates, BUY what appreciates" and for many, operating capital is much more valuable than cash tied up in farm equipment.
LEASING IS COMPLICATED [FALSE]
• Leasing is common practice with the asset-based financing industry and FLC makes it a very simple process; qualifying for a farm equipment lease is quite often easier than traditional bank financing.
APPROVAL FOR LEASING IS DIFFICULT [FALSE]
• While good credit increases the likelihood of approval, many other factors are considered.
LEASING ONLY APPLIES TO NEW FARM EQUIPMENT [FALSE]
• NEW/USED equipment can be leased.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES AT THE END [FALSE]
• IF all requirements concerning the condition of the equipment is fulfilled, there is zero further obligation at lease end.
SEASONAL [ideal for seasonal cash flow with payments structured accordingly]
MONTHLY | SEMI-ANNUAL | ANNUAL [match scheduled payments with cash flow]
STEP [lease payments either increase or decrease over the term to better meet unique cash flow situations]
BALLOON [equivalent to projected market cost of equipment at end of contract]
STRETCH [provides for early purchase option after a specific number of payments]
WHAT WE LEASE [YOU NAME IT, WE PROBABLY LEASE IT!]
…everything from A-Z, well maybe not Z, but definitely from A to W for wagons!
“A verbal agreement isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.” | Bryan O’Loghlen
We'd love to hear from you! Call us at 888.393.8686